Heavy Vehicle Decelerometer
This heavy vehicle brake tester is a portable, battery-powered in-vehicle brake performance tester that measures average and maximum acceleration, stopping distance, test speed and pedal- force required to stop a vehicle.
It evaluates brake performance in a quick reliable manner and prints an accurate test report that complies with International Standards. An efficient diagnostic and compliance tool, designed to test service and emergency brakes of heavy and slow moving vehicles, off-road vehicles and even fork lifts used in the transport and mining industries.
The unit includes data logging and download to PC via USB interface, and Bluetooth connectivity.
Optional Extra - Fleet management and reporting software
the capabilities of you brake meter with this powerful vehicle database and
brake test reporting software application. Specifically developed for
use with Heavy brake
meters, it assists
the mining and heavy vehicle
industries in Australia to manage brake test
test standards and calculations for fleets.
*Longer extension available if required
4 easy testing steps with theHeavy Vehicle Brake tester-Decelerometer
STEP 1: Secure the Heavy in the vehicle with its strap or optional floor- mounted magnet, in a horizontal position, with the lid open and facing forward. Attach the load cell to the brake pedal to test the service brakes.
STEP 2: Turn on the Heavy and enter the examiner’s ID and the vehicle’s registration number. Start the test by accelerating the
vehicle to the required speed.
STEP 3: Apply the brakes by pressing your foot on the load cell attached to the brake pedal, until the vehicle is stationary.
STEP 4: After the vehicle has come to a stop, the Heavy evaluates the brake performance, and displays and prints the test results.
• Calculates and displays average and maximum deceleration, distance to stop, test speed and pedal-force required to stop the vehicle
• Prints two original reports (one for the customer, the other for the examiner) as a permanent record of the test results, date, time, examiner’s ID number and the vehicle’s registration/VIN number
• Price Competitive
• Lightweight (3.0kg), compact (123x267x246mm) and portable
• Robust construction that is water-resistant
and petrol, chemical and acid proof
• Conventional (QWERTY) keypad lay-out, with tactile membrane cover LCD display
• Adjustable display control
• Both metric and imperial units
• Built-in integrity check
• Rechargeable, sealed, acid-gel battery, with low-battery-level indicator and automatic shut-down
• Calibration that is intentionally traceable
• Interval of calibration as determined by the
• 12 month warranty
• Low-cost spare parts, accessories and consumables
• Comprehensive after-sales service and assistance
• Internet support hotline for diagnosis and calibration
• Numerous user-entry hardware and
• Optional external accelerometer
for isolated driver cabins
• Optional output to ISO 3412
Load Cell: rated to less than ±1N,
• Accelerometer: rated to less than ±1% over 0-1.5g Output
• Display: 8-character LCD
• Built-in printer (Dot Matrix)
• USB interface
• Bluetooth connectivity
Analysis of Test Results
• Average and maximum deceleration
• Test speed
• Stopping distance
• Time to stop
• Foot pedal force
• 12V, 1.9AH, sealed-lead acid rechargeable
• Paper: maximum diameter: 48mm; width: 44.5mm (±0.5mm)
• Ribbon: Epson type ERC-05
• Ribbon life: equivalent to 3 paper rolls
• Print speed: 1.0 line/sec
• Battery charger (Australia
• Paper roll and spindle
• Printer ribbon
• USB cable
• Printer cover plate assembly
• Straps or optional floor-mounted magnet for case restraint
• User Manual
Outer appearance and specifications are subject to change without prior notice